This topic contains 111 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 1 year, 3 months ago.

Angular 2

• sumpton
    Participant

Member Reply #5139

What is the timeline for Angular 2?

We are using their beta in our beta, and expect a first release in April.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5154

Hi :),

Thanks for the feedback on this.  We will be migrating to AngularJS 2 once the core 3rd party plugins(ui-router, ocLazyLoad, etc) will be ready for AngularJS2. We will be following up this and hopefully AngularJS2 migration will happen soon.

Thanks.

liane
    Participant

Member Reply #5219

That won’t be long then, since Angular 2 already ships with a router, i18n translations, that’s at least 2 dependencies less for me. They advertise lazy loading too but I couldn’t find how it works yet?

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5244

We are already checking Angular 2 and planning the migration. We will do our best to deliver this asap. Stay tuned!

Thanks.

r.borsini
    Participant

Member Reply #5705

Hi Sean,

any news about Angular 2?

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5706

Thanks for getting back to us. At the moment we are still in R&D mode. We will try to start the development soon and delivery this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Greg-J
    Participant

Member Reply #6216

Has there been any movement on this? Is there an ETA?

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6218

It should be out in a few weeks. But we will do our best to release it asap. Stay tuned!

Thanks.

gsus
    Participant

Member Reply #6445

Any updated estimate when this will be released?

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6465

Hi,

We are now checking this. We are considering to fully migrate to Angular2 or have separate version for AngularJS1.x and Angular2. Also we are checking if all required angularjs plugins are compatible with Angular2. Seems this will require more time in order to properly plan the migration due to dependant 3rd party plugins.

If you have any thoughts please feel free to share with us.

Thanks.

Greg-J
    Participant

Member Reply #6535

One of my projects is effectively on hold until this migration happens, so you know, hurry up 😉

liane
    Participant

Member Reply #6554

There is a third option: progressive update.

Angular 2 allows you to update parts, while still using angular 1 for other (not ready) parts.

For example, you could start by updating the routing part in angular 2 while keeping angular 1 for the rest, thus avoiding any dependency issues.
    Next update could work on another part (login for example 😉 and so on…

This approach would allow graceful update for already running sites.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6565

Hi liane,

Many thanks for your suggestion. We will check in this direction and hopefully we can release Angular2 support within this months as planned. Stay tuned!

Thanks.

Greg-J
    Participant

Member Reply #6748

“It’ll be out in a few weeks” was over a month ago and I’m getting antsy…

Would really love an update to this with a realistic ETA so I can plan accordingly.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6777

Thanks for your feedback on this.

In the next update we decided to go with AngularJS 1.5.x update. The reason for this decision was to release Metronic v5.0 first this Autumn with fully rewritten layouts and components and implement Angular2 version as a fully native app. Otherwise along the way we would end up with a lot of theme versions(Angular1.x, Angular2, ect) that would be technically impossible to handle for our team at the moment . I hope for your understanding on this.

Thanks.

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.