This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  volosoft 1 year ago.

AspNetZero -Starter Kit For Your Next .NET Web Application Based On Metronic

• Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2721

Hi,

We would like to recommend the ASP.NET ZERO product, which is developed by our partners. It adapts Metronic theme to create SPA (Single-Page Application) or MPA (Multi-Page Application) backend web applications based on latest ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJs and Entity Framework.

It has pre-built login, register, tenant, user & role management… pages and much more. Also, it’s based on AspNet Boilerplate application framework which provides a good infrastructure for Dependency Injection, Authentication, Authorization, Validation, Exception Handling, Localization, Logging, Setting Management, Automatic Audit Logging, Multi Tenancy and so on.

It has also well documented development guides. You can check http://www.aspnetzero.com and create a demo easily to test the working user interface.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Sean Sean.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Sean Sean.

BlueTSX
    Participant

Member Reply #6569

I’m considering purchasing your theme for my Asp.Net MVC 5 project. Can you tell what is included in the purchased product?

Do I get a “Seed” VS2015 MVC project with layout pages and all components ready?

Thanks!

volosoft
    Participant

Member Reply #6574

Hi,

AspNet Zero includes Metronic theme. We used Admin 4 Material Design layout (http://www.keenthemes.com/preview/metronic/theme/admin_4_material_design/). This layout and basic components are already adapted and working. You can try our demo to see all: https://www.aspnetzero.com/ We used only components we needed to build this solution. But other components of Metronic are available, you can use them as you need.

But, AspNet Zero is not just an adapting Metronic to ASP.NET MVC;

* All functionality (and a few more) you can try in demo is fully functional, includes front-end and server side code and server side unit tests. You can see all functionality here: https://www.aspnetzero.com/Documents/Development-Guide

* AspNet Zero is based on ABP framework. This is a compherensive application framework based on .NET and ASP.NET: http://www.aspnetboilerplate.com/Pages/Documents

* AspNet Zero is developed using best practices like dependency injection, domain driven design, layered architecture and so on.

* AspNet Zero also fully supports multi-tenancy, so you can create SaaS applications.

And so on… you can see all features in it’s web site.

BlueTSX
    Participant

Member Reply #6575

I’m sorry I should have been more clear. My question was about the Metronic theme purchase not AspNetZero. If someone from the Metronic team can reply to my question please?

I am an independent developer and I cannot afford the cost of AspNetZero at this time.

Thanks!

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6582

Hi BlueTSX,

Metronic standard package will include only frontend related assets such as: HTML templates, css and sass files and javascript files also all the source code of used 3rd party plugins and resources. However we do not provide seed project for .NET and other server side languages.  By right making a seed project is not a hard task since with Metronic you can easily build your templates and start integrating it to your server side code very fast.

If you need any further clarifications please let us know.

Thanks.

BlueTSX
    Participant

Member Reply #6593

Thanks for getting back to me! I will have to pass on the UI for now. I cannot afford the price of the extended license and/or the time to implement this UI into my existing work.

I will take this up, when I have some funds from my clients.

Thanks,

Blue.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6649

Sure. But you can start with regular license and get the extended license when you start charging your users and got enough funds 🙂

faweh
    Participant

Member Reply #6739

Hi,
    We recently purchased a license for the AspNetZero project. We really like the frame work.
    And we will like to change the metronic theme from admin 1 to admin 2.
    What do I need to do to change it?

kind regards,

faweh

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  faweh.

volosoft
    Participant

Member Reply #6751

Hi,

First you need to add admin2 files to your project.

Currently admin4 layout is used. You can find it’s files under web project “metronic/assests/admin/layout4”.

Just create a folder with name layout2 and add required files under this folder.

Then you need to import admin2 css & javascript files instead of admin4.

To do that, according to your solution (SPA or MPA) you need to change “layout4” text to “layout2”  in AppBundleConfig or MpaBundleConfig.

Then you need to change your cshtml files under “App/common/views/layout/*.cshtml” if you are using SPA,

“Views/Layout/*.cshtml” if you are using MPA to match admin2 html files.

Also, if you dont want to use material design, you need to edit some of html in cshtml files as well.

For example, material form inputs and classic bootstrap inputs have different html syntax.

I hope this will give you a starting point.

Probably you will face some problems along the way but I think it will not hard to resolve.

faweh
    Participant

Member Reply #6819

Hi Volosoft,

thanks, this actually worked for me.

regards…

metro
    Participant

Member Reply #8163

I tried this with Admin 5 , it did not work for me.

volosoft
    Participant

Member Reply #8169

Hi @metro,

Can you provide more information on your problem, we may help you.

Thanks.

metro
    Participant

Member Reply #8177

Here you go, I followed the instruction you listed above and

when I try to switch to Admin 1, and then to Admin 5 this is what happened for me.

See the top section

https://img42.com/3wREk

volosoft
    Participant

Member Reply #8182

Hi @metro,

Basically admin4 (which AspNet Zero uses by default) and admin5 have a different html menu structure.
    Admin4 contains sidebar menu under the <div class=”page-container”> tag but Admin5 has a header menu which is under <header> tag.

You need to change your menu html from Admin4 to Admin5 manuallay.
    If you need help on that please continue in AspNet Zero official forums http://forum.aspnetboilerplate.com/ and write your problems under premium forum section which is for pruchased customers.

Thanks.

BlueTSX
    Participant

Member Reply #8491

Hi:

I was able to purchase aspnetzero regular license with help from my client.

I am working on v1.13 of the aspnetzero solution. I want to change the default theme to Layout1 Material theme.

I’m tyring to follow the steps described above in post #6751. However all of the folders/paths mentioned do not match up with the source code I have. I am using the Asp.Net MPA solution. Can you please provide updated steps to change theme based on the v1.13 solution of aspnetzero?

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.