This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 1 year, 10 months ago.

Datatables change column text data to right aligned

• woonipad
    Participant

Member Reply #5935

Hello,
    I want to change text in some of my data in column of datatable to right aligned. I am using this code:

columnDefs: [
    {"className": "dt-right", "targets": "0"}
    ]

However, the column does not change to right aligned. Please tell me how to change the column text from some of my column. Thanks in advance.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5951

Hi,

Please double check your datatable initialization code and make sure “columnDefs” parameter is defined once and holding all column default parameters within the same array. I suspect you have 2 columnDefs parameter in the initialization code where the second one is overrides the first once. The below code was tested and worked fine:

“columnDefs”: [

{  // set default column settings

‘orderable’: false,

‘targets’: [0]

},

{

“searchable”: false,

“targets”: [0]

},

{

“className”: “dt-right”,

“targets”: [2]

}

],

woonipad
    Participant

Member Reply #5997

I have include all 3 scripts which are:

<script src="/IsisWMS-War/assets/global/scripts/datatable.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/IsisWMS-War/assets/global/plugins/datatables/datatables.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/IsisWMS-War/assets/global/plugins/datatables/plugins/bootstrap/datatables.bootstrap.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And I also use <script src=”../assets/pages/scripts/table-datatables-ajax.min.js” type=”text/javascript”></script> where I edit this js and change columnDefs, but nothing changed.

columnDefs: [
    { // set default column settings
    orderable: false,
    targets: [0]
    },
    {
    searchable: false,
    targets: [0]
    },
    {
    className: 'dt-right',
    targets: '_all'
    }
    ],

Hope to get this issue solved. Thanks

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #6013

Hi,

Can you please provide us a test link to your site in a private reply ? We will need to check your code online in order to investigate it further.

Thanks.

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.