This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 3 years ago.

Date Pickers Meridian Bug?

• smauel
    Participant

Member Reply #2325

Hello there Keen Themes,

I was working with the Metronic Theme and noticed what appears to be a strange bug with the Meridian Date Picker function.

When you click to add a date the calendar form pops up like normal and you can select your date, then it takes you to the options to add the time.  When you click the option to add the hours I am only seeing it default to whatever time my computer clock is set to, but after I click on the minute option it changes to the actual value I selected to the correct input when inserting into the field.

To clarify better:

If my computer clock says it is 10:30 AM and I click on the Meridian Date Picker field

– I can choose the date like normal without issues.

– Then if I choose say 3 PM as my hour, the next div that loads to show the minutes shows PM at the top but puts 10 in front of all the minute options instead of 3.

– Choosing a minute option will then load the correct date and time (3 PM) into the field, but this is pretty confusing to users as it looks like it would load the wrong time before they click to see the result.

At first I thought I was doing something wrong or there was a browser issue. But after testing in several browsers (Edge, Firefox and Chrome) I am seeing the same issue. I also tested the problem on KeenThemes.com using the live demos there and the same thing happens.

Here is some code that is showing the error for reference:

<div class=”form-group”>
    <label class=”control-label”>Date Expected</label>
    <div class=”input-group date form_meridian_datetime” data-date=”2015-08-01T15:25:00Z” name=”dateExpected” value=”<?php echo”. $dateExpected .”; ?>”>
    <input type=”text” class=”form-control”>
    <span class=”input-group-btn”>
    <button class=”btn default date-reset” type=”button”><i class=”fa fa-times”></i></button>
    <button class=”btn default date-set” type=”button”><i class=”fa fa-calendar”></i></button>
    </span>
    </div>
    <!– /input-group –>
    <span class=”help-block”>
    Enter the date the job is expected to complete by.
    </span>
    </div>

While this doesn’t prevent users from working it is fairly confusing and would be nice if it could be resolved.

Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of that issue and see if there is anything that can be done to resolve it.

Thanks!!

Joel

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by  smauel.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2337

Hi :),

Thanks for contacting our support.

We will check this further and try to update if any bug fix or new update is released for this plugin.
    In the main time you can check the plugin’s official site here: http://www.malot.fr/bootstrap-datetimepicker/demo.php

Thanks.

smauel
    Participant

Member Reply #2380

Thanks for the link Sean! I will certainly check that out.

To clarify one other thing I noticed, when a user first clicks on the field and the script fires it works without issue and shows the correct time.  It is only if the user needs to update the date and time and clicks on the field a second time that the bug shows itself.

When looking at the demos on Malot.fr they work no matter how many times a user clicks on the link, but the code in Metronic does manifest the bug so something is most certainly off.  I wish I knew more about JavaScript to try and help fix it but that is my weakest language.

Thanks for your time and help!

Joel

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  smauel.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2384

You can try to download the latest version from the plugin’s site and replace with the one that Metronic uses currently.
    We are planning massive plugin update in the next version of Metronic and we will update this plugin as well. Stay tuned!

Thanks.

smauel
    Participant

Member Reply #2396

Hey Sean,

I downloaded the plug-in from the link you provided and updated the following folder in the Metronic template assets/global/plugins/bootstrap-timepicker/ and it solved the problem right away.  So it looks like that issue is a simple for everyone!

Thanks for the suggestion and have an awesome day!

Joel

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  smauel.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2405

Glad to hear that. You are welcome 🙂

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.