This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jai Jai 3 months ago.

Edit record form example

• crush
    Participant

Member Reply #13976

Hello,

I was looking for a form example, that loads and populates a record data from an ajax request on my API, getting the record ID from the query string. Basically I’m listing a set of records on a table and I want to be able to edit one record (eg. a product). I don’t see it in the theme examples and I’m failing to achieve it, I’m quite new on angular … 🙁

I would be great if you could provide me an example on how to achieve this with the theme.

Thanks!

Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #13990

Hi 🙂

Sorry, we don’t have that example yet.

We are planning to do CRUD demo using mDatatable. It should available in the future updates.

At the moment, you can learn more from Angular official documentation which will give you a general idea, on how Angular form works.

Thanks

crush
    Participant

Member Reply #14095

Hi Jai,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I been doing some nice research of Angular forms and made some good progress there. I’m mostly a back-end developer for many years already and lost track of the front-end stuff for a while 🙂

I have a different question now. mDatatables and most of the theme makes use of jQuery. All form validation examples, ajax request examples, suggest the usage of jQuery. Am I right? Would you suggest? To use jQuery on my forms or make use of Angular forms, validation and HttpClient? You are actually using all this on the authentication forms.

Thanks again

crush
    Participant

Member Reply #14096

Hi Jai,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I been doing some nice research of Angular forms and made some good progress there. I’m mostly a back-end developer for many years already and lost track of the front-end stuff for a while 🙂

I have a different question now. mDatatables and most of the theme makes use of jQuery. All form validation examples, ajax request examples, suggest the usage of jQuery. Am I right? Would you suggest to use jQuery on my forms or make use of Angular forms, validation and HttpClient? You are actually doing all this on the authentication form.

Would be great to have that CRUD demo available quick! Thanks again

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  crush.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  crush.
    Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #14153

Hi 🙂

Basically, the Metronic’s theme originally was a jQuery and Bootstrap theme. Then we port it to work with Angular. Its true native code is good, but that doesn’t always go well with the business case or result in effective use of effort and time.

Technically its no harm using Angular with jQuery based plugins. This is a normal practice if you are building an application that uses various of features that Angular does not have. In terms of performance, jquery and angular are well optimized to work without conflicting each other.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.