This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 2 years, 2 months ago.

GMap doesnt load

• fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7566

I want to use the gmaps library, but it doesnt work. Ive set my php web page just like in the example that you provides, but i get 2 errors.

The map loads like for 2 seconds and then crash. The console error doesnt say much.

Please need your help.

PS: Im using Admin4

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7575

Hi,

Are you running your site from localhost ? Are you able to load the google maps in the original theme before your modifications ? Can you please provide us a test link to your developing page ? We will need to check your code online in order to investigate the issue further.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7586

Hi Sean,

Yes im running my site from localhost. Yes the default theme loads without problems all the maps. and i can’t provide a link of my developing page because of the policies of the company, but what  we can do is to set a date to check out the issue via Skype or via team viewer or any other video communication.

Thanks for your response.

PS: I have attached a print screen of the default theme without modifications, and loads the maps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7616

Hi,

We can help you only by checking your site from your test server only. We do not provide individual support via skype or call.
    I hope for your understanding on this.

From your screenshots i can see that you opened the page directly from HTML file. Please try to deploy your page into a web server and launch it from localhost as ajax and other remote features are not supported in offline mode.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7648
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7657

Hi,

Will it be possible to provide us a test link to your developing site in a private reply ? We will need to check and debug your page online in order to investigate the issue. I suspect your JS code that initializes the map refers to invalid ID. Please double check the JS code that initializes the map and make sure it refers to the DIV with “gmap_basic” ID.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7662
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7667

Hi,

I need a link to check the working app and its code through the browser code inspector. Otherwise we will not be able to investigate the issue.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7733

Hi Sean,

I finally have the link for you to help me, but I’ll need you to add to your hosts file this:

64.46.80.58    rda-soporte.netlife.net.ec

So in the browser you put this link: http://rda-soporte.netlife.net.ec/operacion/newElemento

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by fadumcaceres fadumcaceres.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7742

Hi,

We tried to access to your site but could not reach it. We added the IP and domain into our hosts file. Basically to successfully customize the google maps you will to refer to the gmaps wrapper plugin’s documentation:
    https://hpneo.github.io/gmaps/. I would suggest you to make the changes step by step so you can track the issues easily.

Our support does not cover the customization issues. We only cover the theme’s original bugs but try to point you out if we can access to your site.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7784

Hi,

Im sorry, we have issues with our site all the weekend, but today is ok, I’ll be really thankful if you check the site again. Besides i’m not trying to customize the map, i’m just trying to use as it is in the example, that’s all.

Thanks for everything.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7800

Hi,

We tried but we still can not access to your set. The hosts file is properly setup but your site is not responding.

In the meantime can you provide us a error log from your browser console ? We can try to check possible JS errors and advise you further.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7806

Hi,

Our security department remove the public ip yesterday, but they enable it again. So please try again, thank you so much for your patience.

http://rda-soporte.netlife.net.ec/operacion/newElemento

Thanks.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #7810

Hi,

Seems you removed other the other demo map containers from HTML so the demo map script got some error due to referencing to the removed containers: maps-google.min.js. In your case i would suggest you to create a new JS file to initialize your own maps custom-maps.js and put those 2 maps’s initialization codes from the mode maps script maps-google.js and include custom-maps.js instead of maps-google.min.js. If you are non developer then i would suggest you to get someone’s help who are experienced in javascript.

Thanks.

fadumcaceres
    fadumcaceres
    Participant

Member Reply #7811

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response and your patience, i’ll try your recommendation. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.