This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 1 year, 11 months ago.

Horizontal menu items open on click

• mpurrington
    Participant

Member Reply #5440

I want to use the horizontal menu, but I want the individual drop menus to open on click, not on mouse hover.  Seems very simple – I see it is shown in the comments:

<!– DOC: Remove data-hover=”megamenu-dropdown” and data-close-others=”true” attributes below to disable the horizontal opening on mouse hover –>

However, after removing those attributes, it still opens on hover.  I can’t seem to do anything to make it only open on click.  Am I doing something wrong?  This is what I am left with:

<div class=”hor-menu   hidden-sm hidden-xs”>

<ul class=”nav navbar-nav”>

<!– DOC: Remove data-hover=”megamenu-dropdown” and data-close-others=”true” attributes below to disable the horizontal opening on mouse hover –>

<li class=”classic-menu-dropdown active”> Active

<span class=”selected”> </span>

<li class=”mega-menu-dropdown”> Mega

<i class=”fa fa-angle-down”></i>

<ul class=”dropdown-menu” style=”min-width: 700px;”>

<!– Content container to add padding –>

<!– YADA YADA YADA –>

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  mpurrington.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5459

Hi,

Since Metronic v4.1.x we have changed this due to some known issues on mobile mode(especially on iOS). So at the moment the hor menu does not support click to open the submenus. If you need any further clarifications please let us know.

Thanks.

mpurrington
    Participant

Member Reply #5460

Thank you Sean.  That’s disappointing, but it saves me the trouble of trying anything else.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5471

Hi,

Sorry for that. But we will definitely consider this option in a future releases. Stay tuned!

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.