This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jai Jai 8 months, 1 week ago.

mDatatable how repopulate data for existing multiple datatable on the same page

• jax824
    Participant

Member Reply #14955

Hello :). I am try to reset data for existing multiple datatable after date is changed on date picker via ajax. Unfortunately, I am getting a weird error: “vendors.bundle.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: this.each is not a function” & “jQuery.Deferred exception: this.each is not a function TypeError: this.each is not a function” .

Wondering if I am reloading data the right way via mDatatable().

Here is my code below:

$(‘input[name=”m_daterangepicker_61″]’).on(‘apply.daterangepicker’, function(ev, picker) {

//ajax call to pass date over to view

$.ajax({

type: ‘POST’,

url: “/expense/”,

data: {

‘action’: “new_date”,

‘new_date’: $(‘input[name=”m_daterangepicker_61″]’).val()

},

})

.done(function(context,result) {

var lease_names_and_id = context[“lease_names_and_id”];

var workover_series =context[“workover_series”];

for (each_lease in lease_names_and_id) {

var datatable = $(“#”+lease_names_and_id[each_lease][“lease_id”]+” > table”).mDatatable();

var each_lease_workover = JSON.stringify(workover_series[each_lease]);

datatable.setDataSourceQuery(each_lease_workover);

datatable.reload();

}

}).fail(function(jqXHR, textStatus) {

toastr.error(“There is no or not enough data in that range”)

})

//end of ajax call

});

Thank you

Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #15009

Hi 🙂

Can you do destroy the previous datatable, and reinit the datatable with the new data.

var table= $(“#”+lease_names_and_id[each_lease][“lease_id”]+” > table”);

table.mDatatable(‘destroy’);

table.mDatatable(  {data:  { source:  each_lease_workover  } } );

Thanks

jax824
    Participant

Member Reply #15052

Thank you. I have tried your reply above, but it seems like the table is destroyed but the tables are not repopulated with new data

jax824
    Participant

Member Reply #15056

Jai, just have a quick side questions. It seems like mDatatable commands are a little different from Datatable commands. For example, as you have told me to destroy a table in mDatatable is : <span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Hind, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>table.mDatatable(‘destroy’); And to destroy a datatable from the official datatable documentation is </span><span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Hind, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>table.Datatable.destroy();  I am wondering if there is documentation some where for this template where I read the right way to create or destroy a table and other things similar to this. Overall, a more detailed documentation for this template? </span>

Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #15099

Hi 🙂

Reinitialize the datatable should same with the first initialization. Maintain the mDatatable options in variable, then just change the datasource.

Eg.

var options = {all complete option with initial data};

var datatable = $(m_datatable).mDatatable(options);

Then you want to repopulate the data, you need to destroy existing datatable, update option with new data and reinitialize the datatable with the existing options.

options.data.source = each_lease_workover ;

var datatable = $(m_datatable).mDatatable(options);

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.