This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Need information about various plugins for my use cases

• nishantkrishna
    Participant

Member Reply #14729

I recently started working with Metronic and I’m slowly becoming comfortable with it (I’m new to Angular). I’d like to know which plugin(s) you suggest I can use for the following:

1. Team page – where photos of team member along with a brief description is shown
    2. Solutions page – where various products can be shown in a list and one should be able to go to another page from this page when a product/solution is clicked
    3. Plugin to display PowerPoint presentations so that one can’t download it. Same for Excel documents.
    4. Plugin to show Videos list and when clicked show the video in a new page with basic video controls

Since in the future, I’d like to use Metronic for more than 1 project, it would be a good idea to freeze on common plugins across projects.

This was supposed to be for Metronic 5.x but I created this in in 4.x section. Please see if this can be moved to 5.x section.

Thanks,

Nishant

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #14784

Hi,

Thanks for contacting our support.

1. Team page – where photos of team member along with a brief description is shown
      At the moment Metronic v5 does not have this feature and you will need to implement it yourself.
    1. Solutions page – where various products can be shown in a list and one should be able to go to another page from this page when a product/solution is clicked
      You can build this paging using Metronic’s base elements, components and plugins.
    2. Plugin to display PowerPoint presentations so that one can’t download it. Same for Excel documents.  
      You can check this discussion to learn how to embed powerpoint documents in web pages:
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7101080/embed-a-powerpoint-in-a-web-page
    3. Plugin to show Videos list and when clicked show the video in a new page with basic video controls
      Metronic does not have such feature, you can try to use https://videojs.com/ open source player

Please note that our Metronic theme provides standard and general features only. The above features are good to have but those features more for websites, not for admin themes. Our main focus on Metronic is to provide admin features.

Thanks.

nishantkrishna
    Participant

Member Reply #14899

Thank you, Sean!

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #14982

You are most welcome 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.