This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 1 week, 1 day ago.

Negative on bar charts

• brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17332

Can you please kindly advise how to correct the negative views on charts.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17387

How long should it take to get a response? I purchased the additional support to get help with this one specific problem.

Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17405

Hi ūüôā

Sorry for the late response. We will get back you sooner.

Thanks

Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17406

Which charts are you working on?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Jai Jai.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17412

Using the default template in version 5. I provided a screenshot. It‚Äôs the green bar chart and it‚Äôs the same on any page….dashboard or charts. Please help and do not blow me off as I have been waiting for several days and paid for extra support.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17419

Hi,

Please refer to the Chart’s official documentation for any further customizations. Our support here do not cover 3rd party plugin questions.

Thanks.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17421

This is your answe? Come on? What a rip off!

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17422

I wait 4 days fot this response?  This is pitiful. You should be ashamed of yourself for stealing people’s money, twice and providing a product that does not work.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17423

Yet you have no problem selling it. And who is the 3rd party provider? I believe I have my money to you, twice NOT a third party provide. Your help and paid support is useless.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17515

Hi,

The question you asked is considered customization of 3rd party the chart plugin according to your own requirements.  Every 3rd party plugin has own documentation as we listed in the theme documentation:
    http://keenthemes.com/metronic/documentation.html. Please refer to the references list.

Our support only helps with theme’s genines features and issues. But we do not cover customizations requests and after purchase the buyer will be responsible for any further customization or utilization of the theme as stated in our support policy:¬†https://themeforest.net/item/metronic-responsive-admin-dashboard-template/4021469/support.

Thanks.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17522

You guys are a bunch of crooks.¬† I asked this question and you refused to answer unless I purchased additional¬†support full well knowing this would be your response. I purchased the additional¬†support and this is the help I get?¬† You should be ashamed of yourself. This is no way to do business. Must be nice to collect people’s¬†money then tell them “sorry we can’t help you with the product we build and forced you to pay for additional¬†support for and you paid us for.”¬† I used YOUR demo and YOUR default theme. It’s not like I made ANY changes to it except the values to be displayed on the¬†chart.¬† Funny how you don’t¬†show negatives on your demos when you are trying to sell it! PS. I contact the¬†third party developer of the chart and they told me to contact the people I bought the theme from as it, not an issue on their¬†end an is more than likely¬†styling issue on the theme side.¬† So a week later and $30 wasted, I am not further along than I was when I started. Thanks for nothing.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17523

Hi,

We have used¬†https://www.chartjs.org/ plugin as it’s without any core modifications.¬† Also we would suggest you to try your chart values outside Metronic in order to determine if this issue is original plugin’s bug or somehow Metronic related issue.

However If the plugin author said that it can be issue with Metronic integrating we will take a look at this. Please provide us more details and the steps to reproduce the issue and we will cross check with our implementation.  We would suggest you to provide more info and you will have better chance to get your issue solved.

Thanks.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17524

What more information do you need?  I am using YOUR default theme all I have done is change the value to negative.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17525

Hi,

Crooks ? Come on, let’s use professional language.

We tried it with negative values, and we got the same result as per the screenshot you send.

We have used Chartjs plugin as it is, and when you apply those negative values the plugin behaviours this way. This technically not our fault, this is how the plugin handles the negative values when this particular configuration is used.

We understand that you purchased the theme, paid for the extended support but this will not mean that we will take the commitment for every aspect of the theme where we used 3rd party plugins. All 3rd party plugins are integrated as bonus open source resources. We do not own those plugins and we technically can not give any guarantee.

So the negative value is the result of the plugin when we used below JS initialization code according to the plugins documentation:

//== Daily Sales chart.

//** Based on Chartjs plugin – http://www.chartjs.org/

var dailySales = function() {

var chartContainer = $(‘#m_chart_daily_sales’);

if (chartContainer.length == 0) {

return;

}

var chartData = {

labels: [“Label 1”, “Label 2”, “Label 3”, “Label 4”, “Label 5”, “Label 6”, “Label 7”, “Label 8”, “Label 9”, “Label 10”, “Label 11”, “Label 12”, “Label 13”, “Label 14”, “Label 15”, “Label 16”],

datasets: [{

//label: ‘Dataset 1’,

backgroundColor: mApp.getColor(‘success’),

data: [

15, 20, -25, 30, 25, -20, 15, -20, 25, 30, 25, -20, 15, 10, 15, 20

]

}, {

//label: ‘Dataset 2’,

backgroundColor: ‘#f3f3fb’,

data: [

15, -20, 25, -30, 25, 20, -15, 20, -25, 30, 25, 20, 15, -10, 15, 20

]

}]

};

var chart = new Chart(chartContainer, {

type: ‘bar’,

data: chartData,

options: {

title: {

display: false,

},

tooltips: {

intersect: false,

mode: ‘nearest’,

xPadding: 10,

yPadding: 10,

caretPadding: 10

},

legend: {

display: false

},

responsive: true,

maintainAspectRatio: false,

barRadius: 4,

scales: {

xAxes: [{

gridLines: false,

stacked: true

}],

yAxes: [{

stacked: true,

gridLines: false

}]

},

layout: {

padding: {

left: 0,

right: 0,

top: 0,

bottom: 0

}

}

}

});

}

The above code is 100% the plugin’s code. There is no single code interaction from Metronic side that can break the plugin’s original functionality.¬† In this case you will need to go to the Chartjs plugin’s documentation and digg more to figure out how to use the negative values. If the plugin author refused to help you then this does not mean that Metronic authors should solve it for you.

For more info, we would like to suggest you to check our support policy:
    https://themeforest.net/item/metronic-responsive-admin-dashboard-template/4021469

If our support is not suitable for you can get full refund including the extended support fee. If you have further doubt on us please look at the rest of the customers feedbacks and statistics. We work the same way with any buyer and you are not an exception. If you are not satisfied with Metronic, you can get refund. All is fair.

PS: This negative value issue is added into our todo list and it will be reviewed by senior developers whenever possible and our team will attempt to find a workaround. But again, we do not give any promise on this since if this is the plugin’s limitation or bug then we can not solve it unless the plugin’s authors provide a fix in the future.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Sean Sean.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Sean Sean.

brian@editorr.com
    Participant

Member Reply #17562

I have now tested with the original chartjs plugin from https://www.chartjs.org/ plugin outside metronic . But used exactly same chart options as its there in metronic theme. And its display negative values absolutely fine. Have attached screenshot of it too. So this means the original plugin is absolutely coded correctly and there is some issue with incorporating the chart in metronic. the original plugin includes Chart.bundle.js script. Can you now check whats causing the issue. Also where in metronic code is the function which calls/loads the chartjs external scripts. it maybe possible thats those links are outdated. Please check.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.