This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 5 months ago.

Page scroll not working consistently in Chrome browser

• cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #681

Hello, i am having trouble with slimscroll. It works fine in firefox browser. It works for a short time in Chrome and then you are not able to use the page scroll bar, you have to use the mouse arrows to scroll up/down. I built a application using mvc partial views, so i have a index page and I load my partial views into a div on the index page. The javascript/css files are loaded once when the index page loads. I used the chrome developer tools and there are no errors.

I will email you login info.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #682

Hello, i think that I might have found the problem causing the page-scroll to stop working. I think that I narrowed it down to the error showing up only when i programmatically clicked a button to load a ajax-partial view into a Div.  I took out the functions and put the ajax function in place. I will continue to test this to see if this is fixed. I will mark is at Resolved. Thanks Guys!

Original function to load a partial view:

loadCustomers();

I changed it to this to clear the Dom:

$(‘#targetDiv’).empty();
    $(‘#targetDiv’).load(‘@Url.Action(“View”, “Controller”)’);

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #683

Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. I did not realize this before but when the mouse wheel stops working on the page, if you move the cursor to the right edge of the page, the mousewheel scroll works but it has to be over the right edge of the page.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #688

Hi,

If you load your content via ajax and it has newly loaded slim scroller div then you will need to reinitialize the slimscroll on ajax content load using below code:

Metronic.initSlimScroll(‘.scroller’);

Thanks.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #694

Okay, thanks for the reply. I will try it out and see if it works.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #696

Still not working. I placed this Metronic.initSlimScroll(‘.scroller’); in the index page inside of the $(document).ajaxStop(function (event, request, settings)  function and it did not fix the issue.

I also placed the Metronic.initSlimScroll function in the partial view and it still did not work.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #697

Can you provide us a test link to your site in  a private reply ? We will need to check your code online in order to provide you further support.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #702

Sure, i will email it to your now. thanks.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #704
    This reply has been marked as private.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #722
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #732

Hi,

We have checked your site and could not find the issue due to complex use of the slimscroll plugin.

In your case i would suggest you to use css3 to customize default browser scroll and make your datatable’s wrapper DIV vertically scrollable

1) Change browser or any scrollable element’s scrollbar style globally in your custom.css:

::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 12px;}
    ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { background-color: #eaeaea; border-left: 1px solid #ccc; }
    ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: #ccc; } ‘
    ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:hover { background-color: #aaa; }
    2) DIV wrapper for your scrollable table:
    <div style=”overflow-y: auto; height:150px; “> …. </div>
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Sean Sean.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Sean Sean.

cleanpro
    Participant

Member Reply #735

Okay, i will try this out. Thanks! If it doesn’t work, i will just have to deal with it. I appreciate your help!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  cleanpro.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #754

You are welcome. I hope it will work for you. Good luck with your project! 🙂

ckeengenova
    Participant

Member Reply #8898

Hi! Someone can fix that issue? We have the same problem scrolling with chrome, not with firefox.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #8911

Hi ckeengenova,

May i know what Metronic version are you using ? Are you able to simulate this issue from the preview site with the latest version keenthemes.com/preview/metronic/theme/admin_1/ ?

If this issue is encountered only in your developing site after your customizations then we will need to check your developing site online. So please provide us a test link to your site in a private reply.

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.