This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 1 week, 4 days ago.

This supose to be a native angular 4 app

• RafaelOR
    Participant

Member Reply #10870

First of all … nice job IN THE NEW DESIGNE … now to what metters  …

Why there is so many jquery plugins in this app??? this supose to be a NATIVE ANGULAR 4 APP, you guys take 1.5 year to do this??? come on any one else here make a quick search in the root angular app, search for this “ScriptLoaderService” i got 171 matchs to this search, now what this pretty litle function do? it LOAD JQUERY COMPONENT SCRIPTS IN THE “NATIVE ANGULAR 4 APP” i will give a quick example: Toast … serius Keenthemes there is a lot of NATIVE ANGULAR 4 READY COMPONENTS for this you don’t even have to ‘reinvent the wheel’, every person that i talk about this and a lot of articles all say the same: angular 4 and jquery can play togheter??? yes,  BUT VERY CAREFULLY,  and i agree with them you can manipulate DOM objects with angular 4 as you can do it with jquery, so if it’s supose to be a native angular 4 app why you have so many jquery plugins in your application? you have more jquery code controlling your layout and features then angular services and directives.

if you consider the “VERY CAREFULLY” there must be something very wrong.

I know you have a TEAM so you guys can probably do better.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #10909

Hi :),

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all you should know one important thing about Metronic 5. Now Metronic v5.0 has build tool that can easily exclude unrequired plugins and build minimal theme bundle. Metronic by default comes fully expanded with all possible features and demos and the size of theme can be minimized upon your development.

Metronic is jQuery/HTML theme in the first place and while the Angular 4 version wrapps the base jQuery version and still allows you to code in pure angular way. The jquery core code is well isolated and it does not conflict with the Angular scope.
    Also you can install and use any Angular 4 plugins and exclude unwanted jQuery plugins.

Thanks.

RafaelOR
    Participant

Member Reply #10922

I know well that, i know metronic v4 was html/jquery, metronic v5 supose to be new not only in designe but in code to as a angular native app, don’t take me wrong i know i can do angular 4 code there and jquery is “isolated” i know about the plugins that i can get then to, but you controlling the entire theme with jquery (~\angular\src\js\framework\components\general), so the new theme is not angular 4 native, all those animates and hide/show functions can be done in angular 4 code and should be after more then a year promissing a native angular 4 app, and this is not the case. i can put angular 4 code inside a Asp.Net MVC app but this don’t make it a angular 4 native code right?

Another thing that i notice, just make a test get a real native angular 4 theme and you will notice perfomance diferences to. Angular team just made a big effort to solve performance issues and to make angular 4 fast as he can be, using jquery your not taking any advantage from this to. JQuery is great but not be used like this with angular 4. Come on your own php version load faster then your angular 4, the php version is faster to navigate and faster loading/rendering images.

I am not saying all this to detract from your work, but you can and should do something about all this. or at least make a test to check if you will have a real performance gain taking out all this jquery control from your theme.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #10971

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Making 100% native angular theme requires a separate version as going parallel with jQuery version is time consuming process since we need to maintain 2 different versions with similar design and layout features(current jQuery version has tons of layout features) also we need to find replaces for all jquery based core plugins. However we can not provide fully native angular app at the moment since we have to consider this further.

Thanks.

lokal
    Participant

Member Reply #12659

Everyone should read this before they buy this theme. Unfortunate for me I already bought it, since there are no refund right?

Can you guys give me straight answer, does this “jQuery” you guys build together will it sacrifice the performance?

If do sacrifice performance, perhaps refund is a good idea too beside <span style=”color: #4ec9b0; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, ‘Courier New’, monospace; white-space: pre; background-color: #1e1e1e;”>ScriptLoaderService</span>

If my client find it out somehow, that would be the end for me. Luckily not for you Top Seller 😉

I hope a calming answer, and perhaps says it better then the native.

Just bought it this morning. What a shocking afternoon

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #12682

Hi lokal,

Technically its no harm using Angular 4 with jQuery based plugins. This is a normal practice if you are building application that uses various of features that Angular 4 does not have. In terms of performance, jquery and angular are well optimized to work without conflicting each other which allows you to ultimately use any feature from the default Metronic version.. Other than the jquery usage, everything else 100% follows the Angular 4’s best practices using the defacto angular-cli tool. Also you can compare it with other pure Angular themes(we did it and the results are quite impressive 🙂 ).

However if you like to get your refund please send us refund request from your themeforest account.

Thanks.

lokal
    Participant

Member Reply #12696

Thank for the calming answer.

Well, I trust you guys, that put a lot of effort in this.

If you say results are quite impressive when comparing with other pure Angular theme, why I want to refund then.

Thanks for your explanation.

It just, I am not use to see jQuery coding style. I usually Angular, Material, plug and play just like that. Looks like I need to deal with this for a moment.

Well, have a great success.

Thanks

zeldaze
    Participant

Member Reply #12724

On this topic, any plans to make a standalone native version? Even as a fork project, I am sure you would be able to satisfy a large crowd. Right now I am thinking about purchasing [***] and using that for my production app instead of Metronic just because it’s native support.

What do you think?

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Sean Sean.
    Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #12775

Hi Zeldaze,

Yes, we are definitely looking at this direction. We are thinking of removing jquery dependency by rewriting Metronic’s custom plugins in plan javascript and then we can create Angular directives in TS. What do you think about this approach ?

Thanks.

lokal
    Participant

Member Reply #12788

@zeldaze

would you kindly send me email which product that you think can be comparable to this. My email is info@lokalsprint.com

Thank you

zeldaze
    Participant

Member Reply #12789

That would be a great idea. I love the look and feel of Metronic but just feel it’s Angular version is lacking right now.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #12863

Thanks zeldaze, we will do our best to release it as soon as possible. Stay it!

trivikram
    Participant

Member Reply #17860

Hi Sean,

After purchasing, I have become one more disappointed customer to see that the theme is not native Angular. Any update on the Native Angular Release ?

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #17901

Hi,

We understand your disappointment. We are about to release the fully native Angular 6 version in a June(in 2-3 weeks or so). The native angular version will be based on https://material.angular.ioand https://ng-bootstrap.github.io UI libraries. Also we removed the jQuery dependency and everything in the layout are coded in 100% angular way(the navigation menu, layout configuration, user authentication, CRUD(add/edit/delete)). Please stay tuned!

Thanks.

trivikram
    Participant

Member Reply #18137

Hi Sean,

Thank you for getting back, that some good news. I have one more question though. Will that be added to the already purchased themes or do I need to buy that again ? Had to ask this,  as I live in a part of the world where this license cost means a lot of money to me.

Cheers,

Trivikram.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  trivikram. Reason: turning off the private reply option

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.