This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Sean 2 years, 7 months ago.

Using Admin Theme under MVC (VS 2012)

• traderhut
    Participant

Member Reply #2048

Greetings,

I got the theme installed, and created a _layout.cshtml file, but I wasn’t sure the install procedure.   For example, there were several directories ‘assets\admin’ layout, layout2, layout3, layout4, layout5  – I just used ‘layout’  but is the intent that I copy the layout I want into ‘layout’?  Or change the _layout.cshtml file?

Also, I don’t know what all I need to include in the _layout file (master page of sorts) – I got it working – sort of, however I have the following problems:

1. It doesn’t support anything but Chrome.  (the right side takes up the whole screen width, so no menu, it is actually wider than the full width etc.)

2. It doesn’t seem properly responsive – the menu won’t always go away, its width varies – moving over to the right to add blank space to its left, and it seems hard to make the right side take up 100% of the space (md-col-12 won’t work.   I had to create a blank bar that took up the space to make it work.)

I expect that I’m just not including all the right stuff in the layout, missing some key attribute some place, or a include of a CSS or JS file that is critical.

Attached is the _layout.cshtml file that I created.

Thanks in advance.

traderhut
    Participant

Member Reply #2051

Or, maybe the file isn’t attached. 🙁

However, maybe what I need is someone to mail me a layout.cshtml file from a WORKING Mvc app that uses this template.  I can then merge in the changes that I’ve made and everything should work fine.

Thanks

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2086

Hi :),

Thanks for your feedback.

But our support does not support the server side integrating and after sale customizations. Basically to utilize the metronic in your custom system you will need some experience in end to end web development since this theme is not for non-developer users. Metronic is basically an HTML theme(built with HTML, javascript and css) without actual functionality(the database integration and application business model). The actual implementation is responsibility of buyer. Basically any web applications/systems contain of 2 layers:

1) Design and Frontend UI(html, css, javascript)

2) Actual system implementation using a server side language such as PHP or Java, and database engine such as MySQL or Oracle.

So our Metronic theme, as an HTML theme helps you on the step #1. The step #2 will be responsibility of the buyers as every buyer has own requirements and system specification.

If you need any further clarifications please let us know. For more info you can check our FAQ here:
    http://themeforest.net/item/metronic-responsive-admin-dashboard-template/4021469/support

To stay updated on Metronic’s new releases please follow us on http://twitter.com/keenthemes 😉

Thanks.

traderhut
    Participant

Member Reply #2123

Also, with all the variations on the theme, extra folders with stuff that you may, or may not need – it is hard to sort through all that – of course, one could simply check the entire massive mess into version control and publish it all to the website – but of course, I just want to do that with the parts that I’m actually going to USE.  And you are saying that I’m on my own to figure out that.

Nice.

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2164

Hi,

There is a blank page template layout_blank_page.html that can be used as a starting point . In this template only minimal required js and css files are included. Then you can any any plugin or feature referring to rest of the demo pages. Also the Metronic’s entire demo is not meant to be deployed as into production. You can strip out unused parts based on what feature you need for your project. If you not able to this your own i would suggest you to hire a frontend developer since working with Metronic requires some expertise in frontend development.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Sean Sean.

traderhut
    Participant

Member Reply #2166

Thank you!   That is what I needed – a simple html layout without all the extra stuff that is found in the major demo.  I should be able to get the system fixed and working on something other than Chrome, and properly on Chrome.

I read the original reply, as it was e-mailed to me.   I was really wondering about the ‘Final warning’ in it.   All I wanted to know was the HTML I needed to use to create a ‘blank’ template that I could use to create my .cshtml template.

I really like the template, but I really need to be able to make it work.

Thanks,

Traderhut Games  (iPhone Games developer, Website/C# consultant)

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #2168

Hi :),

Glad to help you out with this. if you have any further questions please let us know we will do our best to guide you.
    Regarding the original reply please ignore it. It was just a little misunderstanding.

Thanks for using Metronic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.