This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Jai Jai 6 months, 1 week ago.

Where are Angular components?

• Eden Toledano
    Participant

Member Reply #15557

Hi,

I have just purchased your single package as it has Angular5 support. After purchasing I downloaded the files (from themeforest). I do see all angular structure such as app.component.ts, and I also see footer, aside-nav… but I can’t find the actual components. Should I have a table component? a pie component? a calendar component? like the demo here: https://keenthemes.com/metronic/preview/demo7/angular/index

So far I saw a huge html file with no angular binding, and no components with D/I (@Input). What am i missing? Or the theme is just html code?

Thanks,

Eden

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Eden Toledano.
    Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #15614

Hi 🙂

Our theme originally was a jQuery+HTML theme, then we ported it to Angular.

We are working on the native Angular with the native components

Thanks

pkouame
    Participant

Member Reply #15644

Hi – Just out of curiosity, I have angular components in my default angular theme. Like wizards and buttons etc. The angular demos are  component free, but what’s wrong with just cherry picking those into the angular demo theme of your choice.  Sure they are mostly html wrappers…  What kind of “native” components are you planning on.  I see ng-prime and datatables for now…Can you share the “roadmap”…

Thanks.

Eden Toledano
    Participant

Member Reply #15649

As much as I saw, the file structure is indeed angular based, but even though the files exist, they do not contain any logic, so what are there for? If i want to edit a component I have to handle jquery code which is global and not encapsulated by angular. That’s what I mean by native components. If you find things different I would like to know.

pkouame
    Participant

Member Reply #15657

@edencompie – yes many of the components simply wrap html and leverage native js or jquery code.  I think @jai mentions that they are slowly migrating to native angular components when and where appropriate. Take ng-bootstrap and primeng (in default/angular) as an example. ng-bootstrap bypasses bootstrap.js completely while the latter is another very competitive framework for native components.  Otherwise the theme is fully functional and one can use the blank component to customize. You can easily copy/paste angular components from default to your own demo or app.

@jai – can you pitch in here?  And maybe provide some insight into your roadmap for native Angular components. I am not a jQuery snob

Regards

Eden Toledano
    Participant

Member Reply #15658

I downloaded the zip file a few days ago and besides of the angular framework, all the components are non-angular. Maybe there is a newer code somewhere?

Side note: I don’t mind that the components will be eventually implemented with jquery as long as they are wrapped as an angular component with TS class, and I can inject the data inside with the correct model, and get the correct events. Or in short, I want to have an angular interface, I don’t mind the inner implementation.

Does that exist?

Thanks,

Eden

pkouame
    Participant

Member Reply #15660

@edencompie – take a look at the primeng section for example, it uses p-selectbutton or p-accordion etc., all (primeng) angular native components…Same thing with ng-bootstrap…Whatever you downloaded, it should have a full angular application, not just the framework…What are you trying to do? angular/demo7 builds the full framework + primeng + ng-bootstrap + sample blank component. angular/demo has the full set per the site demo. If you are missing a “component” let’s say forms/wizard(s) or forms/widgets just copy/paste it from default.  If you have better native angular components – customize.  Am I missing something?

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #15722

Hi,

We are working in fully native Angular version and we will release it soon. But we can not confirm any timeline yea. We are in super heave development and soon we will delivery truly native angular with 100% native components, features, plugins, etc. Stay tuned!

P.S: Take the current wrapped angular/jquery version as it is and we know its not a perfect solution. It was our fast solution in order to make all the features from the default version available in the angular integrated version it is being used by a lot of developers in real world projects.

Thanks.

pkouame
    Participant

Member Reply #15725

Sean – this works.

Thank you and keep up the good work (looking forward to the fully native version)

Regards.

Jai
    Jai
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #15769

Stay tuned, and all the best for your projects.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.