This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HarpuN 1 week, 4 days ago.

Where to start – and what to use

• prs
    Participant

Member Reply #5009

Hi

I have developed website and webstuff over many years, but I am complete new to admin themes, and a bit lost.
    What I am about to make, is an admin site for live data – from several sources. Main thing is that we want to implement datasource to show this data in a timeline – and trying out different types of graphs. Also with clicakble buttons which shows/hide the graphs. And, with historic view. Is this doable and applicable in Metronic – and what to consider here?

Thanks a million if someone could at least point out where to start – and where to go further.

Paal

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5040

Hi :),

Sure. To get started follow below steps:

1) We assume you selected Admin 1(admin_1) sub theme from available 7 sub themes.

2) There are 2 main parts of the theme. First is the assets folder that contains all the css, js and 3rd party plugins and the templates folder where actually HTML templates are placed. So refer to “theme/assets” and “theme/admin_1” folders to get started.

3) In “theme/assets” folder you can see separate folder for layouts(admin 1, admin 2, …. admin 7) and you can keep the assets of the layout you are using(theme/assets/layouts/layout) and also the global assets(theme/layouts/global) and the rest layout assets you can remove since your selected layout does not use them. So under “theme/assets/layouts” folder you will have “theme/assets/layouts/layout” and “theme/assets/layouts/global” folder only.

4) From “theme/admin_1” refer to the started layout_blank_page.html template. This template includes the minimal required css, js and 3rd party plugins. You can use this template as starting point to your application pages.

5) Try to separate the HTML code of layout_blank_page.html into modular partials(header, sidebar, footer, main content) and keep the partials centralized for each page.

6) Under 3rd party plugins folder(theme/assets/global/plugins) you can exclude unused plugins if you need. By default metronic includes over 80 3rd party plugins and most of theme you may not use so you can exclude the ones you will not use.

7) Also you can check the theme documentation in “_documentation/index.html”

If you need any further clarifications please let us know.

Thanks.

prs
    Participant

Member Reply #5048

Thanks, Sean!

I will do that. This is to make things set and ready, I guess,

But, how to plug in and implement live data streams and show them – could you please suggest what to use there?

Thanks!

Paal

Sean
    Sean
    Keymaster

Support Staff Reply #5082

Hi,

Basically to utilize Metronic in your custom site or application you will need some experience in end to end web development since this theme is not for non-developer users. Metronic is basically an HTML theme(built with HTML, javascript and css) without actual functionality(the database integration and application business model). The actual implementation is responsibility of buyers. Basically any web applications/systems contain of 2 layers:

1) Design and Frontend UI(html, css, javascript)

2) Actual system implementation using a server side language such as PHP or Java, and database engine such as MySQL or Oracle.

So our Metronic theme, as an HTML theme helps you on the step #1. The step #2 will be responsibility of the buyers as every buyer has own requirements and system specification.

If you need any further clarifications please let us know. For more info you can check our FAQ here:
    http://themeforest.net/item/metronic-responsive-admin-dashboard-template/4021469/support

Thanks.

HarpuN
    Participant

Member Reply #20214

Im also new in this and how could i know the unused assets such css and js

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.