Where to start – and what to use
February 11, 2016 at 10:07 amPosts: 1Member Reply #5009
I have developed website and webstuff over many years, but I am complete new to admin themes, and a bit lost.
What I am about to make, is an admin site for live data – from several sources. Main thing is that we want to implement datasource to show this data in a timeline – and trying out different types of graphs. Also with clicakble buttons which shows/hide the graphs. And, with historic view. Is this doable and applicable in Metronic – and what to consider here?
Thanks a million if someone could at least point out where to start – and where to go further.
February 14, 2016 at 7:18 pmPosts: 4527Support Staff Reply #5040
Sure. To get started follow below steps:
1) We assume you selected Admin 1(admin_1) sub theme from available 7 sub themes.
2) There are 2 main parts of the theme. First is the assets folder that contains all the css, js and 3rd party plugins and the templates folder where actually HTML templates are placed. So refer to “theme/assets” and “theme/admin_1” folders to get started.
3) In “theme/assets” folder you can see separate folder for layouts(admin 1, admin 2, …. admin 7) and you can keep the assets of the layout you are using(theme/assets/layouts/layout) and also the global assets(theme/layouts/global) and the rest layout assets you can remove since your selected layout does not use them. So under “theme/assets/layouts” folder you will have “theme/assets/layouts/layout” and “theme/assets/layouts/global” folder only.
4) From “theme/admin_1” refer to the started layout_blank_page.html template. This template includes the minimal required css, js and 3rd party plugins. You can use this template as starting point to your application pages.
5) Try to separate the HTML code of layout_blank_page.html into modular partials(header, sidebar, footer, main content) and keep the partials centralized for each page.
6) Under 3rd party plugins folder(theme/assets/global/plugins) you can exclude unused plugins if you need. By default metronic includes over 80 3rd party plugins and most of theme you may not use so you can exclude the ones you will not use.
7) Also you can check the theme documentation in “_documentation/index.html”
If you need any further clarifications please let us know.
February 14, 2016 at 10:06 pmPosts: 1Member Reply #5048
I will do that. This is to make things set and ready, I guess,
But, how to plug in and implement live data streams and show them – could you please suggest what to use there?
February 15, 2016 at 7:23 pmPosts: 4527Support Staff Reply #5082
2) Actual system implementation using a server side language such as PHP or Java, and database engine such as MySQL or Oracle.
So our Metronic theme, as an HTML theme helps you on the step #1. The step #2 will be responsibility of the buyers as every buyer has own requirements and system specification.
If you need any further clarifications please let us know. For more info you can check our FAQ here:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.